worst day ever

Today was probably one of the worst days I’ve had in a long time. Come to think of it, I’ve actually never had a truly bad day. Let’s list what went wrong shall we? This will probably be a long one so brace yourselves.

1. I woke up with the inability to move because of how cold it was. Originally it only takes me 15 minutes to get ready for work but today I moved in slow motion and ended up taking almost half an hour just to put on my clothes. I tried turning the heater on so my internal organs would thaw out, but it didn’t work.

2. Ricky broke the news to me when I stepped into work that Dr. A will be coming in instead of Dr. M. By then I was already expecting the worse. Yay for 1 hour long spays!

3. At first glance, the surgery sheet stated that we only had two surgeries today. Little did me and Ricky know, there was a hidden page in the back that had three more clients scheduled for surgery. That makes a total of five surgeries. Five. Dr A and five spays only meant one thing: no lunch.

4. As I filed in the surgery patients into the kennels I started to realize something. They were all big breeds; we’re talking two German Shephards, a Husky mix, a Boxer, and a very antsy and psychotic Rottweiler. I’m not use to big dogs and honestly I’m going to tell you now that I am so glad that I don’t have one. Maybe we just had a brush of bad luck and ended up with diffcult ones that were a little hard of handling today, I don’t know. Don’t get me wrong, I do love dogs of all shapes and sizes so please don’t think of me differently. I’m just having a bad day :[

6. If I could tell you how many times I’ve hurt myself today, I wouldn’t have the slightest idea of how I would give it to you in numbers. My hands are so badly mangled from nicks, cuts, and stabs that I’m actually starting to get “work hands.” (Gasp!) Not work hands?! As I was restraining a dog for Dr. A I took a long glance at his hands and hoped to Buddha that mine weren’t turning that way soon. My entire body aches and I have tons of potential bruises waiting to sprout.

7. Two dogs crapped in a cage. Did I mention that these were big dogs? Yeah.

8. As expected, Dr. A took an hour on each spay (it takes Dr. M about 20 minutes) and it cut through my lunch time. I had about 10 minutes to heat up and scarf down my lunch (as opposed to the usual 2 hours) so I could go back into the surgery room to watch the Doctor fumble with his sutures for another half hour.

In all honesty, that doesn’t entirely sum up my bad day but I’m pretty sure you get the idea. To add to this distaster, I have to report for jury duty in Norwalk tomorrow. I’ve never had jury duty nor do I have any idea what the hell it will consist of so it makes me a little nervous.



One Response

  1. Wow, that’s pretty rough. I’m sure you did your best to your ability to get through with it. Mad props to that missy!

    I’m having a bad day as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: